Job Title: Sports and Physical Education Coach
Hours Per Week: 38
Location: Ribble Valley (with travel across Lancashire required)
Salary: £17,000 – £20,000 p/a (dependant on experience & qualifications)
Contract Status: Full Time
Reporting To: Directors, Head of Quality Assurance, Programme & Staff Development
CVs and Covering Letters Accepted By Email To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Delivering high-quality sports and PE sessions to primary school children, aged 2-11.
- Delivering extra-curricular clubs and enrichment days to primary school children.
- Regular, in-depth planning, evaluating and assessing sessions delivered.
- Linking planning and delivery to the National Curriculum.
- Delivering other programmes devised and delivered by Pro Sport Coaching where appropriate
- Liaise with partner schools, creating strong relationships with staff and children alike.
- Working both independently and as part of a team
- Working flexibly with occasional unsociable hours where the role of the job applies.
- Promoting the Pro Sport Coaching values consistently and professionally.
- Continuously improving own practice through training, CPD and collaborative working with the Head of Quality Assurance, Programme and Staff Development.
Qualifications and Criteria:
- Full UK driving licence and access to own vehicle.
- Enhanced DBS clearance.
- Level 2 Sports Coaching Award in at least 1 sport (preferably multiple sports).
- A good understanding of safeguarding requirements when working with children.
- Sound knowledge of the National Curriculum for PE.
- Previous experience of delivering sports and/or PE sessions to primary aged children.
- Competent IT skills.
- First Aid certificate.
- 1st 4 Sport Level 2 Certificate in Multi-Skills Development in Sport.
- Lancashire Level 2 Invasion Games Award (or a Level 2 qualification in an Invasion Sport, such as Football, Basketball or Rugby).
- Knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage Development Matters document.
- Willingness to partake in Continuous Professional Development.
- A passion for sport and physical activity in young people.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Enthusiastic, flexible and committed.
- A positive attitude towards working in a team.
- Receptive to feedback.
- A love for working within a close-knit and supportive team.
Please demonstrate experience against all essential and desirable criteria (where able) in a covering letter, alongside a copy of your CV, and email to the contact details above.